Sometimes the decision to have a full roof replacement or a roof repair can be a big decision. Reroofing can be a big investment for homeowners. But the investment is important as well because Your roof works 24/7 in extreme climate conditions to protect your family and your home. There are several factors that go into deciding between a shingle reroof or shingle roof repair. Let us help you see the difference between the two.
To decide, it depends on the current situation of your roof:
- What is the age of your roof?
- How much life is remaining in your roof?
- Is your roof still covered by the manufacturer’s warranty?
- Did your roof suffer damage to a large area?
- How much could you save on homeowner’s insurance by updating your roof now?
- Are you likely to have additional leaks causing damaging to your home?
- How much will a repair cost vs. a reroof?
Repair your shingle roof if there is minor damage, limited to a small area of shingles, and the structure is not damaged. Also, if the roof is relatively new, you are probably better off to do a roof repair. If your roof is still under warranty, a quick repair is probably in order.
A reroof is probably in order if your roof is extremely damaged or is near the end of its life. If your roof is older, it may make sense to put the money into upgrading it now and save on insurance. It is also a good idea for a reroof if your shingles are in disrepair or if your warranty has expired.
Every roof and every situation can be different. Our Roofing Specialists can help you assess your situation. Kirkey Roofing is here to help you determine the best decision for you as well as your home. Our 70 years of experience in the Sarasota, Venice, Nokomis, Osprey, Lakewood Ranch, and Bradenton areas, let’s you know that you’re in good hands!