When your roof indicates it’s time for a shingle reroof, such as curling shingles, gutters full of asphalt granules, missing shingles from your roof, visible wear and tear, or even leaks, it’s time to contact a roofing contractor. Since a roof is only put on once every 20 to 30 years, you probably only do it once in your lifetime, so you might not even know what it entails. So what can you expect from a shingle reroof in Sarasota?
- After contacting a roofing contractor they’ll come out and determine it’s time for a reroof and provide you with an estimate
- Once you sign the agreement the work can begin
- Then the roofing materials are ordered and shipped to your home
- You and the roofer will agree on a schedule that works for both of you, with the understanding that weather can interrupt the schedule
- There will be a team that comes out to prepare your property as to ensure your surroundings aren’t damaged, as well as to collect any loose shingles and debris that falls
- Removal of the existing roof will begin
- On a typical day, with no weather problems the replacement process can take as little as one day. Should there be significant weather or a house larger than 3000 square feet, it could take as long as 3-5 days
- Once the reroof has been completed, we will clean the property and any remaining debris
- The roof will have a final inspection to ensure everything was installed properly
- Then you can just sit back and not worry about your new roof for the next 20-30 years
If you suspect your shingle roof is in need of a reroof, contact Kirkey Roofing. We have 70 years of experience in the Sarasota, Venice, Nokomis, Osprey, Lakewood Ranch, and Bradenton areas, you’re in good hands!